Tiled to Binary Converter 2
A downloadable tool for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Tiled to Binary Converter 2 is a tool for converting tilemaps (created in Tiled) to binary files for use in your games made using various engines and for many different platforms. Features:
- Supports any number of tile layers, image layers and object groups.
- Supports orthogonal, isometric, isometric (staggered) and hexagonal (staggered) tilemaps.
- Tile numbers can be stored using 8, 16 or 32 bits.
- Tile layers can be stored using run-length encoding to reduce file sizes.
- Tile layers can be saved in column-major order (good for horisontal scrolling).
- Support for special tile type layers (use for collisions etc., read documentation)
- Custom properties can be included for any layer type and objects.
- Integers in properties can either be saved using 16 or 32 bits.
- Binary files can be stored in big-endian format for systems using the Motorola 68000 range of processors and PowerPC.
This tool is in ongoing development, feedback and ideas are welcomed!
I have tested the tool on Ubuntu Linux 14.04 using the Mono runtime, so it should work on Mac OS X also.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.